25 Reasons Why NSIA Membership is Right For You!
1. Professional Stature and recognition
2. IRS Approved CE Provider
3. Code of Ethics
4. State affiliate of National Society of Accountants (NSA)
5. Liaison with Internal Revenue Service
6. Legislative representation in Lincoln
7. State Board of Accountancy Monitor
8. Discounted rates for the TaxBook reference books
9. Discounted rates for Quickfinder reference books
10. Discounted rates for Tax Seminars
11. Discounted rates for Farm Seminars
12. Discounted rates for Business Seminars
13. Discounted rates for Jennings and Fast For ward Academy products
14. Live streaming webcast discount from Jennings Seminars
15. Exhibitors as seminars
16. Leadership training
17. Leadership opportunities
18. Annual statewide convention
19. College scholarship program
20. NSIA newsletter
21. NSIA website
22. Online membership directory
23. NSIA board meetings - available to all members
24. Networking and idea exchange
25. Dues only 21 cents per day!!!
Why Should I Join?
- We can save you time and money.
- Save on continuing professional educational programs, from face-to-face courses to self study - members save an average of 20%.
- NSA can save you money on comprehensive business and personal insurance coverages. including; liability, tax session disability income protection, long term care, term life, etc...
- We can help you grow your business and serve your customers.
- Protect your business and your right to practice.
- NSA information solutions.
- NSA professional development and credibility.
NSIA Member Benefits
As a member of NSIA you will enjoy the following Services, Activities and Benefits.
- The nationally known Gear-Up 1040 Tax Seminar offered at a discount to all NSIA members. This professionally presented two-day seminar gives all attending members 16 hours of continuing education credit.
- NSIA also presents other annual seminars such as Farm & Ranch Tax Seminar, Business Entities, Ethics and workshops with representatives from the IRS & Nebraska Department of Revenue.
- The NSIA constantly monitors the State Legislature to ensure the Nebraska Independent Accounting Industry maintains its right to perform much needed services to the state's residents.
- The State Board of Accountancy is constantly monitored to ensure the Nebraska Independent Accountant's voice is heard.
- Published six times a year, The Nebraska Independent Accountant, NSIA newsletter provides all members with current information concerning relevant state government activities and interesting anecdotes.
- Opportunities to interact with your peers, sharing information, questions, etc.
- NSIA Members receive up to 15% off Bob Jennings learning materials, including e-books, audiobooks, webcasts, and more!
How to Join
If you are eligible for membership (see requirements below), simply download and complete the membership application form and mail it back to us with your application fee enclosed. Applications can be mailed to:
- NSIA Membership
Attn: Mandy David
PO Box 203
Stromsburg, NE 68666
NSIA Membership Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for active membership, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of the State of Nebraska or have a principal place of business therein.
- Have had at least three years experience I the performance of accounting, bookkeeping, or tax services for the public or the equivalent thereof, and
- Hold themselves out for the rendition of accounting, bookkeeping, or tax service for the general public; or senior employee of an accounting firm with at least three years experience.
- Maintain an office for the rendition of such service for the general public.
Associate membership is open to persons who qualify in any one of the following:
- Accounting employees of accounting firms.
- Accounting educators.
- Accountants in governmental service.
- Accountants employed by private organizations.
- Officers and employee accountants of banks and other financial institutions.
- Students pursuing a course of study in accounting, business administration, or related subjects in a college, university, business school or home study school.
- Practitioners who do not qualify for active membership.
- Retired, disabled, or incapacitated accountants who were formerly active members
NSA Member Beneifts &Services:
- Free Tax Research - Provides you with a toll-free hotline number when you are confronted with a complex tax situation or question.
- Tax Law Analysis- Provides members regular and frequent updates on pending tax law revisions and NSA's expert analysis on how these changes will affect you and your clients.
- Client Report - Free bimonthly newsletter written for your clients, yours to personalize and distribute to your clients throughout the year.
- Low-cost Group Insurance - Members enjoy low group rates on professional Errors and Omissions Liability protection and other quality insurance programs including: Property and Casualty, Major Medical, Life, Disability and Long Term Care.
- Self-Study Courses- Members save up to 25% on over a hundred self-study correspondence courses.
- Seminars & Conferences - Members save $50 or more on a wide variety of regional and national seminars and conferences.
- National Public Accountant Journal - You get 12 monthly issues of NSA's premier publication.
- The NSA Practitioner Newsletter - This biweekly-published newsletter reports on current national legislative and government issues.
- NSA Software News - An exceptional monthly newsletter that gives you in-depth reviews of accounting, tax, financial planning and general application software.
- Plus Other Benefits & Services - For a complete listing of members benefits visit the NSA website.